During this difficult and challenging period Sheffield City Council needs to ensure that we are prioritising our services for the most vulnerable people in our communities, whilst ensuring the safety of all of our citizens, including our customers and our staff teams.
In light of current government guidance around social distancing and mobility restrictions we need to close those offices where people come in to meet with our staff teams.
This will include the First Point office in Howden House and other offices, such as Housing offices, where people call in. The offices will be closed to all but emergencies from 24th March 2020.
We will make sure that people who need to see us for urgent matters will still be able to speak with us, but for most people we need to ask you to contact us using other ways.
You can still contact us by telephone, although please be aware that our telephony teams are very busy and facing staff shortages.
Most Council services are available online and so where possible please can we please ask people to try to contact us in this way.
In order to find out the best ways to contact us online please go to www.sheffield.gov.uk
- If you are homeless or at risk of being made homeless you should contact our Housing Solutions Team on 0114 2736306. If you need to speak to us after 5pm you should phone 0800 7311 689.
- If you need to make a request from the Local Assistance Scheme, please contact us on 0114 2734567. You can also complete an online application form though our website.
- If you are a Council Tenant you can phone with urgent enquiries (Including urgent repairs) on 0114 2930000. For non-urgent enquiries please contact us via our website.
- If you are concerned about the safety or welfare of a child or young person, you can contact the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub on 0114 2734855 between the hours of 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday-Thursday and 8.45am to 4.45pm on Fridays. If you are concerned that a child may be at risk of harm during evenings and weekends, the Emergency Duty Team can be contacted on 0114 2734855. If however you believe that a child or young person is in immediate danger, please contact the police on 999.
- For all other enquiries please call 0114 2734567.
Face to Face Help
If we need to see you face to face to help you, we will advise you during your call and - for your protection - we will make arrangements for you to come to an appropriate Council Office at specified time.
We are sorry that we need to close our face to face offices but we know that everyone in Sheffield will understand the reasons why we are making these changes.