A fund has been set up to help those in Sheffield most affected by the rising cost-of-living and is welcoming donations from individuals or organisations who would like to support this work.
Discretionary Energy Rebate scheme now open
The Discretionary Energy Rebate scheme has opened for applications today to households which do not get Council Tax bills but pay for their energy.
Under the discretionary scheme, households which do not get a Council Tax bill but do pay for their energy could be eligible for a payment of up to £150.
The Council has a limited fund to provide the discretionary payments. Once the scheme closes, applications will be assessed, and the amount will be divided between the successful applicants – with eligible households receiving up to £150.
The scheme opened for applications on Friday, July 1 and will close Sunday, July 31. Apply online.
Payments will be made to eligible applicants by the end of August 2022.
Who is eligible?
You or someone you live with must:
- Not be named on the Council Tax bill for your property
- Be responsible for paying the energy costs for your property, either by being billed or paying by pre-payment meter
- Have been a resident at the property on April 1, 2022
Who isn’t eligible?
- People who are named on their council tax bill
- People who live with someone named on the council tax bill
- People who live with someone who has already received a discretionary energy rebate payment
- Landlords for properties where the landlord is responsible for the energy bill
- People who have already received a Council Tax Energy Rebate payment
For more information head to the Council Tax Energy Rebate council webpage.
Other stories you might like
Council Tax Energy Rebate roll out to begin this month
Sheffield City Council will begin to roll out the Council Tax Energy Rebate Scheme this month to around 215,000 households in the city.
September’s video message from Cllr Tom Hunt
As autumn approaches, Leader of Sheffield City Council, Councillor Tom Hunt, talks about the beginning of the new school year and shares information about support available for young residents and families.