Public leisure facilities in Sheffield will start to welcome customers back thro ...
Events and leisure affected by coronavirus (COVID-19)
In line with Government guidance, events and leisure venues across the country are cancelled, postponed and closed.
As restrictions have been relaxed a little some are beginning to open their doors with new measures in place, but many events remain cancelled.
We do not have a comprehensive list of all affected events and activities in Sheffield, but are sharing what we know.
We recommend anyone with a ticket or booking for an event contacts the organiser or visits their website to check the position and what options are available.
Affected events and activities
- All Parkruns: Cancelled until further notice
- Tramlines Festival: Cancelled for 2020, taking place 23-25 July 2021
- Sheffield Fayre: Cancelled for 2020
- Sheffield Half Marathon: Postponed until 28 March 2021
- Sheffield 10k: Postponed until 26 September 2021
- World Snooker Championship: Postponed - tbc
- Don Valley Drive-in Cinema: Taking place 22 - 23 August 2020, tickets available
- Art in the Gardens: Taking place 5-6 September 2020
- Graves Park Animal Farm, now open for prebooked visits only
- SIV have closed all venues (this includes the Fly DSA Arena and City Hall), cancelling or postponing all shows and events and closing access to leisure and fitness centres
- Sheffield Winter Garden & Botanical Gardens Pavillion, closed until further notice. The Botanical Gardens remain open.
- Some playgrounds have now reopened, check which are available.
We will continue to update this page as an when we get more information about other affected events/activities/venues.
Other stories you might like
Stay safe as pubs and hospitality venues open
Director of Public Health at Sheffield City Council, Greg Fell said:"The further ...
Skateparks, basketball courts and multi-use games areas to reopen
More facilities in Sheffield’s parks are to reopen, with skateparks, basketball courts and multi-use games areas now available across the city.