Sheffielders are invited to come together on Sunday 10 November, for a Service o ...
Everything you need to know for the Invictus UK Trials
Sheffield is the first city to ever host the Invictus UK Trials, and it all kicks off next Monday 22 July, running right through to Friday 26 July.
There is a wide range of sporting events that are FREE to all, alongside a jam-packed cultural programme taking place throughout the city.
Starting Monday with The Big Gig at the FlyDSA Arena, with performances from Alfie Boe, JP Cooper, Heather Small and more. Book your tickets here.
The sporting events start Tuesday with Wheelchair Rugby Finals at the English Institute of Sport (EIS) at 7:30pm.
Admission to all sporting events is completely FREE, with some events already full, to get your tickets, search 'Invictus' here.
Here is a full round-up of events.
Monday 22 July
- Art in the Aftermath exhibition – Barkers Pool, 10am-6pm
- The Big Gig – FlyDSA Arena, 7:30pm
Tuesday 23 July
- Wheelchair Rugby Finals – EIS, 7:30pm
- Soldier On – Oval Hall, Sheffield City Hall, 7:30pm
Wednesday 24 July
- Archery – EIS, 9am – FULL
- Cycling Time Trial Finals – Sheffield City Centre, 9am – 3pm NOTE: ROAD CLOSURES
- Theatre Workshop – Oval Hall, Sheffield City Hall, 10am-12pm
- An Audience with Sir Michael Morpurgo – Oval Hall, 4pm
- Sitting Volleyball Finals – English Institute of Sport, 7:30pm
- Soldier On – Oval Hall, 7:30pm
Thursday 25 July
- Powerlifting – English Institute of Sport, 9am – FULL
- Swimming finals – Ponds Forge, 12pm
- Poppy Quest – Sheffield City Centre, 10am-4pm
- Military Village - Devonshire Green 9am-5pm
- Wheelchair Basketball Finals – English Institute of Sport, 7:30pm
Friday 26 July
- Indoor Rowing Finals - EIS Indoor Athletics Centre, 9am – 3pm
- Dance Workshop – The Ballroom, Sheffield City Hall, 10am-12pm
Notification of Road Closures on Wednesday 24 July
A number of city centre roads will be closed due to the Invictus UK Trials cycling event, followed by a series of other cycling events.
- Arundel Gate lane closure In-bound carriage way towards High Street from Furnival Gate roundabout - 4am to 10.30pm
- Tudor Square (competitor parking) - 4am to 10pm
- Pinstone Street / Charles Street / Union Street - 4am to 11pm
- Furnival Gate out-bound carriageway towards Furnival Gate roundabout from Rockingham Street - 4am to 11pm
- Norfolk Street, Surrey Street - 4am to 11pm
- Leopold Street from Church Street to Surrey Street in-bound only (access to taxis only) - 4am to 11pm
There will be limited access to Charles Street and the access side of Novotel at set times during the day:
- 4am to 8.30am
- 9.45am to 10.15am
- 12.30pm to 1pm
- 3pm to 4.45pm
- 5.35pm to 5.45pm
- 6.50 to 6.55pm
- 7.55pm to 8pm
Other stories you might like
Sheffield Shapes Invictus UK Trials: Plans Revealed
Sheffield will gain another notch on its sporting belt this summer as it hosts t ...
Big Gig to celebrate opening of Invictus UK Trials
Headlined by Alfie Boe, The Big Gig will take place on Monday 22 July at Sheffie ...