An ambitious plan for Sheffield, that sets out clear priorities and actions for the year ahead has been agreed - putting Sheffield first, with people and communities at its heart.
Leader looks to future with One-Year Plan
Councillor Terry Fox, Leader of Sheffield City Council, talks about the council’s work over the last few months and the Co-Operative Executive’s new One-Year Plan in a video to residents.
In it he discusses:
- Youth investment shaped by Sheffield's young people
- A commitment to holding an independent Street Tree Inquiry
- Supporting investment in local districts and encouraging people to shop locally
- Rolling out a new Community Safety Plan
- Achieving net zero carbon by 2030
- Establishing new Local Area Committees, devolving power into the city's communities
You can read the Council's One Year Plan in full here.
Other stories you might like
Co-operative administration unveiled as Sheffield looks to the future
Sheffield’s new administration has been formally announced today, with a co-operative administration of Labour and Green Party members.
Council sets out major budget challenge as pandemic pressure continues
Following the impact of Covid-19 on essential services, we are preparing now for a very challenging budget position in 2022/23.