A decision to insource our catering service once the current contract with external provider Argent expires has been made in a bid to save jobs.
Our statement on Red Wednesday
Councillor Terry Fox, Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources and Governance, said:
“As the world stands still, it is important now more than ever to come together and strive towards positive change, to listen and to learn from one another.
Unfortunately, the devastating persecution of faith communities and people of faith still takes place throughout many parts of the world, the hurt and harm they experience is a continuous battle and afront to fundamental freedoms. We stand together with Christians and other religious minorities who are persecuted for their faith.
The persecution of Christians and of people of all religions will not go unnoticed as we call for an end to any violations against people because of their faith or beliefs
We stand together with all religions and the freedom to hold beliefs.”
Sheffield Town Hall clock face lit up in red in recognition of Red Wednesday
- Venerable Malcolm Chamberlain, Archdeacon of Sheffield & Rotherham
- Abdool Gooljar, Islamic Society of Britain
- Louis Farrington, Sacred Heart Catholic Church Hillsborough
- Jonathan Dunning, Meadowhead Christian Fellowship
- Rev Helena Roulston, Coordinating Chaplain, Sheffield Hallam University
- Mohammad Ali, PMC
- Rev. Andy Poultney, Parson Cross Pioneer Minister
- The Rt Revd Dr Pete Wilcox, Bishop of Sheffield
- Patsy Cunningham, Sheffield & District Reform Jewish Congregation
- The Rt Revd Ralph Heskett, Bishop of Hallam
- Dr Vithal Patel, Hindu Community
- Rev. Dr Jim Master, City Life International Church
- Marjorie Skidmore, St Matthew’s Church
- Rev Suzanne Nockels, Sheffield Congregational Churches
Other stories you might like
Emergency meeting called to address public transport issues in city
The meeting, called by SCC Leader, Cllr Terry Fox takes place tomorrow with city transport operators to discuss concerns about disruption to services and to get firm assurance and plans that everything is being done to resume service levels urgently.
Sheffield betrayed by Government in the great train robbery
Leader of Sheffield City Council reacts with outrage to Government's Integrated Rail Plan, condemning the decision to axe the eastern leg and level up rail connectivity in the North as a betrayal.