Changes to some bin collection dates and how to recycle your excess festive waste.
Summer hours for Household Waste Recycling Centres in Sheffield
The opening hours of Sheffield’s Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC), have been extended, with all sites now open seven days a week until the end of September.
All five of Sheffield’s HWRCs are now open from 9.30am to 5.30pm every day until Friday 30 September.
Sites accept a wide range of household waste for recycling; including furniture, textiles, glass bottles and jars, wood, scrap metal, batteries, garden waste, electrical appliances and even engine oil and cooking oil.
The Easter weekend is traditionally one of the busiest times at the sites as residents take advantage of the four-day holiday period, to carry out some gardening, as well as having a clear out of their house or garage. The extended opening times will give residents more opportunity to avoid queues and delays.
Household Waste Recycling Centres Locations:
- High Green, Greaves Lane, High Green, S35 4GR
- Shirecliffe, Longley Avenue West, Shirecliffe, S5 8WA
- Deepcar, Manchester Road, Deepcar, S36 2UU
- Beighton Road, Beighton Road, Woodhouse, S13 7PS
- Blackstock Road, Blackstock Road, Gleadless, S14 1FY
Top tips to remember when visiting your local HWRC:
- Sites can be busy over the bank holidays; please be patient if visiting during peak times, and try to time your visit in the late afternoon when sites tend to be quieter.
- Do not queue outside the sites as this can pose a potential danger for other road users. Drivers found queuing will initially be asked to move on. Failure to do so may result in a £70 fine.
- If you need assistance when on site, please ask a member of staff.
- The sites are for the use of Sheffield residents for their own household waste only and are not for traders, who must use a properly licensed waste disposal sites.
- If you wish to visit any of the sites in a van, 4x4 with pick up or with a trailer, you will require a permit, which can be applied for by calling Veolia on 0114 273 4567 or e-mail email@example.com.
We encourage residents with significant volumes of DIY waste and garden waste to consider contacting a registered skip hire company.
Residents can arrange for collections to take place from their home for both garden waste and bulky waste.
For up to date information relating to Sheffield’s waste and recycling services.
Receive information about HWRC queuing times on Twitter @recycle4shef
Other stories you might like
Council to trial food waste recycling collections
Sheffield City Council and Veolia will begin the city’s first ever food waste recycling trial this summer.
Sheffield's festive bin collections
Bins in Sheffield will be collected on the usual collection days for all residents over Christmas and New Year. Extra festive waste can be left out for collection with the relevant bin.