Our 5 household waste recycling centres will be open for longer over the Easter Bank Holiday and we're giving access to a temporary additional site to help with the increased demand.
Summer hours for Sheffield’s Household Waste Recycling Centres
The opening hours of Sheffield’s Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC), have been extended, with all sites now open seven days a week for the rest of spring and the summer.
All five of Sheffield’s HWRCs are now open from 9.30am to 5.30pm every day until Thursday 30 September.
Sites accept a wide range of items household waste for recycling, including textiles, glass bottles and jars, wood, scrap metal, batteries, garden waste, electrical appliances and even engine and cooking oil.
More information about what these sites can accept is available at Veolia Sheffield.
When visiting a site, residents are reminded to follow the latest COVID-19 guidance at all times. Residents are responsible for keeping a safe social distance, and face coverings must be worn at all times unless exempt. It is also recommended that residents wear gloves, and bring hand sanitizer for use after visiting a site.
Household Waste Recycling Centre Locations
- Shirecliffe: Longley Avenue West, S5 8WA
- Blackstock Road: Gleadless, S14 1FY
- Beighton Road: Woodhouse, S13 7PS
- Deepcar: Manchester Road, S36 2DT
- High Green: Greaves Lane, S35 4GR
Sites are open: 9.30am until 5.30pm, 7 days a week until 30th September.
Top tips to remember when visiting your local Recycling Centre
Household Waste Recycling Centres can get very busy; please be patient if visiting during peak times.
- Due to social distancing rules, queues are possible at the sites. Do not queue outside the sites; this is a potential danger for other road users. Drivers found queuing will initially be asked to move on. Failure to do so could result in a £70 fine.
- Site staff are not currently able to offer assistance, so please make sure that you can unload your vehicle and deposit your waste into the appropriate container on your own
- Only waste from your own place of residence in Sheffield can be accepted.
We would encourage residents with significant volumes of DIY waste and garden waste to consider contacting a registered skip hire company.
Up to date information relating to Sheffield’s waste and recycling services.
Check HWRC queuing times on Twitter @recycle4shef
Other stories you might like
Give us your views on Household Waste Recycling Centres
Sheffield’s five Household Waste Recycling Centres, which have remained open thr ...
Bin collections and recycling centres during lockdown
Bin collections will continue as normal during the six week lockdown period, and our 5 household waste recycling centres will remain open.