Work has begun to upgrade temporary changes to Pinstone Street, which is current ...
Winter Garden to reopen Monday 17 August
Following its temporary closure due to the Covid outbreak earlier this year, we are pleased to announce that the Winter Garden is due to reopen on Mon 17 August. Opening times will be Mon – Sat 8am – 8pm, Sun 10am -5pm.
We have introduced a number of Covid safety measures including:
- The garden will be deep cleaned prior to re-opening
- There will be additional cleaning throughout the day to clean touch-points
- Access to the garden will be restricted to a maximum 150 people at any one time, which will be managed by the Ambassador staff present in the garden at all times. If capacity is reached then the garden will be temporarily closed to further visitors until safe to allow more in.
- Face coverings will be required by all visitors, except whilst eating in the café area.
- The café will operate a Contact Tracing Record for its customers to support the NHS Test Trace & Isolate program.
- Hand sanitising stations will be available at all entrances.
- No groups larger than six persons will be permitted.
- Some areas of the garden have been closed off to eliminate ‘pinch points’
- Signage will be displayed throughout as a reminder to keep social distancing
With these measures in place we hope that visitors can still enjoy the garden whilst respecting the safety of everybody using the facility.
Other stories you might like
Latest update on Covid-19 testing units available to support local response
Testing is a vital part in our fight against the spread of Covid-19 and to help reduce the rate of people contracting the virus, your help is still needed as much as ever.
Demand for testing has increased so if a booking isn't immediately available please try again. Results are taking a little longer than usual to process so please contact 119 if your results have not been received after 48 hours.
Some sites are pedestrian-only and don’t have drive-through testing. If you are driving to these sites we recommend that you plan your parking in advance.
You can get a test at one of the testing centres by booking an appointment in advance.
COVID-19 updates from Director of Public Health Sheffield, Greg Fell
Regular video updates on Covid-19 from Director of Public Health Sheffield, Greg Fell.
Statement on our advice and support for safe care homes visits
We’ve written to all care homes to support them in continuing to provide safe visiting opportunities during this third national lockdown.
We know how important visits are for supporting the health and wellbeing of people living in care homes and their relationships with friends and family so we’ve provided them with an overview of how this should work in Sheffield.